New York restaurateurs’ fascination with vegan and vegetarian cooking may be new, but an interest in phytonutrition — a lifestyle that focuses on ingesting the nutrients in plant — has been around for millennia.
This coming Saturday and Sunday, May 21 and 22 between the hours of 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., vegetarians, vegans, flexitarians, and food lovers will be assembling at Metropolitan Pavilion for the 10th annual NYC Vegetarian Food Festival and Symposium. The event will be replete with foods to sample and buy, speaker sessions, chef cooking demos, speakers, and more. There will also be fun activities for kids, so be sure to bring the whole family.
Tickets to the Saturday session go for $19 and may be purchased here. Tickets for the Sunday session can be purchased here and are also $19.
Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W, 18th Street, New York, 212-463-0071.
- The Latest Restaurant to Be Bitten by the Vegan Bug Is noreetuh
- The Bronx’s Vegan Grill Spawns an Outpost in the East Village
- Food Network Star to Open Vegan Restaurant in Union Square
- Vegan Soul Food Debuts in the East Village
- A First Look at the New ‘Vegan’ Eleven Madison Park
- Ming Tsai Jumps on Vegan Bandwagon, Launches ‘MingsBings’ Retail Line