Danny Meyer’s heart has always been in the right place. Ever since his first restaurant, Union Square Cafe, opened, Meyer and his organization — Union Square Hospitality Group — has made a priority of contributing to the world beyond the restaurant’s walls.
Now in the face of a special challenge, the group is doing its part once again.
Throughout the month of September, Union Square Hospitality Group will be raising donations to support the Houston Food Bank’s heroic response to Hurricane Harvey. In partnership with Texas-based Tito’s Handmade Vodka, each restaurant in the Meyer firmament is featuring its own take on a “Tito’s Texas Relief” cocktail.
$10 from each drink sold will benefit the Houston Food Bank’s ongoing efforts to provide food, water, and supplies to residents of southeast Texas who have been impacted by Harvey’s catastrophic damage in the region.
Participating Restaurants and their “Tito’s Texas Relief” Cocktails:
- Blue Smoke: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Aperol, Lemon and Big Red.
- Daily Provisions: Refreshing and bubbly Citrus-ade with Tito’s Handmade Vodka.
- Gramercy Tavern: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Aperol, Lemon and Big Red.
- GreenRiver: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Bols Blue Curacao, Orange, Lemon, Vanilla, Egg White and Tonka.
- Maialino: An Italian twist on a refreshing Iced Tea and Lemon cocktail, with Tito’s Handmade Vodka and Amaro.
- Marta: Inspired by the vibrant flavors of Texas and based on a Honeysuckle cocktail, with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Lime, Honey, Jalapeño and Cilantro.
- North End Grill: Riff on a Vodka Greyhound, with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Ruby Red Grapefruit and Lime Juices, Combier Creme de Pamplemousse Rosé and Campari.
- Porchlight: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Grapefruit, Lime, Cinnamon and Walnut Bitters.
- Studio Cafe: A boozy and minty Arnold Palmer, with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Lemon-Mint Syrup and Iced Tea.
- The Modern: Citrusy and refreshing, served on the rocks with summer flavors. Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Strawberry, Cocchi Americano, Yellow Chartreuse, Carpano Antica, Aperol, Lemon, Vanilla and Absinthe.
- Union Square Cafe: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Velvet Falernum, Ginger and Bitter Lime Cordial.