We know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking this coming Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday, and you plan to be otherwise engaged.
To which we say, “Relax.” The event runs from 1:30 to 4:30. giving you plenty of time to be back in front of the boob tube by game time, which is 6:30 p.m.
Besides, what better way to get into the spirit of a day of tippling and nibbling than with some — well … tippling and nibbling?
The highlights of the walking tour through Williamsburg include:
- A visit to Brooklyn Brewery, where you’ll enjoy some of the venue’s sudsy product at the source.
- A specialty cocktail or wine tasting.
- A hot sauce tasting by “sommeliers” that will enable you to determine how many Scoville units you can withstand.
- An award-winning BBQ tasting.
- Ice cream from an Iron Chef contestant.
- A chocolate factory experience with tastings that include some odd flavorings, among them goat’s milk and lavender.
The cost of the tour, which is available to adults only, is $55. Tickets may be obtained here (scroll to bottom of page).
The tour begins at 79 N. 11th Street.
By the way, if you are committed to staying home this Sunday, be advised that the tour will be conducted every Sunday, through Dec. 31.