The nation’s birthday is scarcely more than a week away. If you’re planning to entertain this July 4, here’s a festive and easy-to-make dessert that would be ideal at the end of a cookout or other holiday celebration. It comes to us by way of Catherine McCord, founder of the website Weelicious, where you’ll find other tricolor creations to satisfy the most demanding of sweet teeth.
Fourth of July Parfaits
- Angel food cake (store bought or homemade)
- 1 cup strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Coconut whipped cream (recipe here)
- Cut the angel food cake into 2-inch cubes.
- Alternately layer the cake cubes, whipped cream, and berries in clear glasses or mason jars to show off all the colors and textures.
Yield: 8 servings