It’s a little nippy out these days — just the right weather for a brisk cup of hot chocolate. But don’t settle for the powder sold in packets in supermarkets when you can enjoy some of the richest hot chocolate New York has to offer.
That is one of the promises that awaits you between now and the end of June if you sign up for one of New York Food Tour’s three-hour Everything Chocolate tour.
Stops include visits to both world-class and local sweet shops for different epicurean diversions, all united by the cocoa bean. The neighborhoods covered include the East Village, Flatiron District, and Union Square.
In addition to the city’s best hot chocolate, enjoy:
- popular chocolate bonbons from a world famous chocolate factory/café;
- a chocolate cookie éclair at a popular Asian fusion dessert club;
- a doughnut, made fresh in-house on demand: choose from exotic flavors such as chocolate with Earl Grey;
- chocolate babka or rugelach
- chocolate cannoli from one of the city’s oldest pasticcerie.
With Valentine’s Day rapidly approaching, a chocolate tour with your “sweet” might be a nice alternative to a sit-down dinner, especially since restaurants are closed.
Select a date here. Tickets start at $59.99.